Meeting Minutes

Board Meeting Minutes

March 18th, 2018

Attendees: Isabel Anderson, Linda Vasavong, Josh Cohen, Tommy Hanson, Andrew Soborowski

  • Linda will make a not ugly flier for game night, which is this Saturday, March 24
    • It will be April fools themed
  • There will be a tech seminar this Saturday on HTML at 2 PM, in the lab
  • The floor and lab have been cleaned and we will try to keep them that way
  • Board has discussed housing for next semester
  • We have enough people to cosponsor the sex robot debate
    • It will be this Saturday at 1 PM
  • Board has discussed the E4E presentation
  • We have an extra toner-less printer in the lab
    • Will look into getting more toner
  • We have discovered a CIF pirate flag in the lab and are planning to display it
  • Board has discussed buying organizer bins for the kitchen

March 18th, 2018

Attendees: Isabel Anderson, Linda Vasavong, Josh Cohen, Andrew Soborowski, Tommy Hanson, Austin Varela

  • The card reader in the lab is once again functional
    • Board has discussed improvements for the card reader
  • Board has discussed internet issues in the lab
  • Board has decided to order yellow toner for the lab
    • Still waiting on cyan toner to arrive
  • Board has discussed the next game night, the Saturday after spring break
  • Board has discussed a laser tag event, will poll floor for day/time
  • Board has discussed the next tech seminar, the Saturday after spring break
    • Topic TBD
  • Board has discussed formal game night and CIFnic, occurring April 14 and 15
  • Board has discussed selling or otherwise disposing of the shirts in the lab
  • Board has discussed advertising to CS classes and nerdy writing classes
  • Board has agreed that Marc will purchase dish soap in exchange for cash
  • Board has discussed the E4E presentation
  • Board has discussed university sanitation guidelines

March 18th, 2018

Attendees: Isabel Anderson, Linda Vasavong, Josh Cohen, Austin Varela, Andrew Soborowski, Tommy Hanson, Steven Broida, Zacqueline Baldwin-Sease, Josh Hyde

  • Board has discussed a possible community event/game night during reading period
  • Board has interviewed Zacqueline Baldwin-Sease and we welcome her as our newest full member
  • Board has decided to purchase cyan toner for the color printer
  • Board has discussed getting all the printers working and cleaning up the lab
  • Board has discussed the recent SIH weekend
    • In the fall, will try to have Smash on Friday
    • Will try to avoid scheduling game night over Drama club’s party
  • Board has discussed housing for next year
  • Board has discussed recruitment for this semester
    • Will try to speak to intro CS classes and other nerdy classes
    • Will look into advertising through URCG and computer screen savers
    • Will consider creating a slogan for flyers
  • Board has decided that our first movie night will be this Saturday, March 3rd, title TBD

March 18th, 2018

Attendees: Isabel Anderson, Josh Cohen, Linda Vasavong, Tommy Hanson, Josh Hyde, Andrew Soborowski, Austin Varela, Clara Kjelsberg, Steven Broida, Dan Stegink

  • Board has discussed dates for future game nights: March 24 and April 14th (formal game night)
    • Possibility of a second in April
  • Board has discussed the possibility of participating in Simcon
  • Board has discussed dates for upcoming movie nights
    • Currently planning for 5
    • Board has discussed the possibility of replacing one with a CIF plays
  • Board has booked Hirst lounge for our upcoming smash night, this Sunday 3:00-5:00
    • Board has decided it will be a smashing good time
  • Board has discussed purchasing toner for the lab
  • Board has discussed plans for the upcoming SIH weekend
  • Board has set the agenda for tonight’s floor meeting
  • Board has discussed having a tech seminar on March 24
  • Board has discussed housing plans for next semester

March 18th, 2018

Attendees: Isabel Anderson, Linda Vasavong, Andrew Soborowski, Tommy Hanson, Yiwen Yang, Steven Broida

  • Board has discussed and approved the budget
  • Board has discussed housing for next semester
  • Board has discussed hosting upcoming movie nights
    • We are still accepting suggestions and will send out an email for soliciting more
    • The first movie night will be Saturday the 18th at 8:00 PM
  • Board is still working to book a location for Smash night
    • Location, date, and time TBA
  • Board has discussed the upcoming SIH week party that conflicts with our game night and decided not to change the time of our game night
  • Board has discussed the theme for the next game night
    • We are still accepting votes for the theme and will close the polls on Tuesday
  • Board has discussed door tags and is still working on them
  • Board has discussed the color printer
    • It is mostly fixed but still a little yellow
  • Board has discussed recent help-at-CIF requests
  • Board has decided to keep the calendar on the CIF website updated
  • Board has discussed the recent incident on floor
  • Board has discussed the odd literature tastes of specific board members

March 18th, 2018

Attendees: Isabel Anderson, Clara, Josh Cohen, Linda Vasavong, Matt Dershowitz, Tommy Hanson, Austin Varela, Andrew Soborowski, Sara Shore, Marc Harlbritter, Steven Broida, Josh Hyde

  • Board has discussed housing for next semester
    • Will shortly be sending out a poll for who wants to live on floor next year
  • Board has discussed SIH week
    • CIF will assist by contributing printed flyers and tunnel painting
    • Will hold a meet CIF event Friday the 23rd
    • Will hold game night Saturday the 24th
    • Will hold a Smash event on the 23rd or 25th, depending on Hirst lounge availability
    • Will be tabling on Thursday and Friday, the 22nd and 23rd
  • The UNIX seminar went well, there were non-CIF people in attendance
  • Board has discussed the color printer in the lab and will be attempting to fix it
    • Will attempt to address the cameras in the lab
  • Board has discussed preventing non-UR students from applying to CIF
  • Board has voted unanimously on an exclusion from the lab
  • Board has discussed floor meeting and set an agenda
  • Board has discussed a floor bonding event at Lastertron
    • Josh Hyde will look into pricing
  • Board has unanimously voted to take Sara off probation
  • Clara has suggested having a CIF “girls” night

March 18th, 2018

Attendance: Linda Visavong, Josh Cohen, Tommy Hanson, Andrew Soborowski, Isabel Anderson, Steven Broida, Josh Hyde, Dan Stegink, Ethan Otto

  • Board has conducted an interview with Ethan Otto and welcome him as our newest full member
  • A new printer has been found for the lab
  • Board has discussed acquiring ink for the scanner
  • Board has discussed preparations for the Unix seminar
    • Will try to go to intro CS/programming courses (ECE 114, CSC 171, 172, EAS 10X)
  • Board has discussed yesterday’s game night/GIM
  • Board has set the participation point quota at 17
  • Board has decided to create a new Facebook page, separate from our current U of R affiliated page
  • Board has discussed holding biweekly movie showings
    • Will discuss at next floor meeting
  • Board has discussed the future maintenance of our website
  • Board has discussed the schedule of URSGA and are attempting to schedule around them
  • Board has discussed the budget

March 18th, 2018

Attendees: Isabel Anderson, Linda Visavong, Josh Cohen, Tommy Hansen, Andrew Soborowski, Matt Dershowitz, Austin Varela, Steven Broida

  • Board conducted an interview with Clara and we welcome her as our newest full member
    • Clara will be moving into our empty room in comfy suite
  • Board has discussed our upcoming game night/GIM on Saturday the 27th
    • A sheet pizza will be purchased and decorations have been discussed
    • Talking points have been created for the GIM
  • Board conducted an interview with Marah and we welcome her as our newest full member
  • Board has created an agenda for floor meeting
  • Board has discussed the budget for next semester
  • Tech update – Printers are still broken but we are working to fix them
  • Initial housing considerations have been discussed
  • Board has discussed the first tech seminar focused on Unix
    • Tentatively planned for February 3rd
  • Board has discussed potential movie nights
  • Board has discussed future game nights and decided to schedule around URSGA and juggling
    • Dates will be discussed next week

Floor Meeting Minutes

March 18th, 2018

  • Spring break is indeed a thing
  • Game night will be March 24th
    • Theme suggestions: Saint Patrick’s day, LaTeX, Oscars, April Fool’s day, Pixar, MS office version as yet undecided
    • Future suggestions can be sent to Tommy before Tuesday
  • Laser Tag Event
    • Possible times – Saturday evening
    • Tommy will send out a poll for Saturday availability
  • Formal Game Night will be April 14th
    • If you have dietary restrictions/allergies please inform board
  • T-shirts
    • There are old and ugly t-shirts in the lab that will be sold cheap
    • There are decent shirts from last year that will also be sold
    • Tommy will send out a poll for interest
  • Recruitment
    • We have enough to fill our owned suites but not enough for game suite
    • If you have friends who may be interested, please tell them about CIF
  • Let’s plays
    • Suggestion for guitar hero
  • Simcon – weekend of March 30th
    • Admission is free
    • People will playtest games board games will be sold, D&D will be played
    • There are still spots open to run things
    • Talk to Tommy for more info

March 18th, 2018

  • SIH week is a thing and will be happening this weekend
    • Meet CIF on Friday 6-8
    • SAD game night on Saturday at 8
      • Linda will make a flyer
    • Smash Bros afternoon on Sunday 3-5 in Hirst
    • Tabling on Thursday 4-7 in Sue B and Friday 12-3 Wilson
      • We need people to table in 1 hour shifts, as well as setup/takedown
    • We need people to flyer, worth participation points
  • Next game nights on March 24 and Formal game night on April 14
  • If you have not filled out the housing poll, please fill it out
  • If you would like to be on the help@CIF mailing list, let board know
  • We will be having 5-6 movie nights this semester
    • If you really want to do a CIF plays and have an idea, please let board know
    • A poll for movies will be going around
  • A poor pizza role was pilfered

March 18th, 2018

  • Dues are due TONIGHT; if you have not paid yet, talk to board ASAP
  • February 22nd to 25th – SIH week
    • For participation points, there will be tunnel painting and tabling the 22nd and 23rd
    • There will be a game night Saturday, February 24th
      • Theme suggestions: singles awareness night, couples shaming night, Disney/Pixar, the 2018 winter Olympics, LaTeX (all pronunciations), Greco-Roman, Bash, Punch cards, typewriters, Binary, space-cowpeople
    • There will be a smash night either the 23rd or 25th, depending on Hirsh lounge availability
  • CIF is going to start having movies nights again
    • Dan will be polling floor in the near future
    • Plan to have movie nights alternate with game nights
  • CIF is planning a bonding day at LaserTron
    • Floor has expressed interest
    • Board will poll floor soon
  • URSGA updates
    • Tomorrow, 2/5/2018, there will be campaign announcements at the normal URSGA meeting
    • There will be a one shots night Saturday the 17th
    • There will a MTG draft this Saturday the 10th
  • Drama house will be putting a special presentation entitle ‘The Underhill’
    • February 9th – 11th at Drama house
    • Flyer will be going around soon
  • CIF is considering having a ‘girls’ night, probably in march
    • Floor has expressed interest
  • Black Panther premieres February 15th, tickets at the common market
  • Board will be sending out a poll to find out who wants to live on floor next semester
  • Door tags are still happening soon
    • If you are interested in helping, talk to Tommy

March 18th, 2018

  • We have a game night next Saturday, January 27th at 8 PM
    • There will be a GIM before at 7:30, you can get a point by attending AND talking to new potential members
    • It will be CIF themed
  • There will be a tech seminar focusing on UNIX the following Saturday, February 3rd, tentatively at 2:00 PM
  • Participation points and dues are due by the next floor meeting
    • Dues are $25 or an equivalent donation of tech stuff approved by Board
    • If you cannot pay, talk to Board
  • Appointed positions:
    • Paparazzi – in charge of advertising stuff
      • Sifan
    • Kitchen Goddess – keeps kitchen clean and maintains dishrack
      • Steven
    • King of Games – keeps games organized before and after game nights and moves them
      • Cal
    • Pantheon of cleanliness – aids kitchen goddess
      • Clara
    • ZDC – aids Paparazzi in advertising/decorating/flyering
      • Dans Cohen and Stegink
    • Help at CIF – helps tech directors with Help at CIF
      • Ben
    • There will be a RUBY showing in the lab following this meeting
    • Dandy Hacks will be February 16th to 18th