September 3rd, 2009
Emergency Board Meeting Minutes:
- Dues will be due before the last day in September ends…so on September 30th.
- Dues will be $20
- Dues will be handed to the Secretary/Treasurer in person…which is me, Jay.
- Bryan Jacobs and Jason Zhu have paid their dues for the fall 2009 semester so far.
- Dan will go talk to CLC and CSUG of having future events. CLC has suggested that they want a mixer with us, more information will follow later.
- Cinema Group
- Will will try to plan a movie night with Cinema group. The movie that will be shown is Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog.
- We have contacted Cinema Group about this, but they have not responded yet.
- Due to the service fees not being held, we will close the CIF bank account with Chase.
- Will be scheduled for the Saturday of Meliora weekend (Oct 10, 2009). The event will start at 2pm and will end whenever we feel like it should end.
- In a few weeks, Ashley will make a list of things that need to get done for CIFnic. The current idea is that we will divide up the tasks for CIFnic into small groups of people who will carry them out. This way no one person or a group of people will be overwhelmed with CIFnic, and everyone at least does something than just come and eat…or be antisocial and not show up (exceptions go out to ppl who really cannot make it due to planned events)
- CSH will not be at the fall 2009 CIFnic, but will be invited at the Spring 2010 CIFnic.
- Dan will go talk to Burt about two things:
- Will Burt bring his cool Star Wars games to future CIF Game Nights?
- Where is our scrolling LED display that was in the CIF core?
- We are thinking of doing a Guy Fawkes day event with food and entertainment with the Film Interest Floor on November 5th. The reason why we decided against starting the entertainment on November 4th was because it is a Wednesday night, so it’s in the middle of the week rather than near the end.
- We need to work on better advertising, since after this year, CIF will lose a lot of members due to them graduating.
- People should also consider running for the e-board positions since our term ends once this fall semester ends.
- We should advertise movie nights via CIF mailing lists?
Anyway, that’s it for now. Hope everyone is having a fun in these few weeks before the plunge into deep winter.
Jay S. Kim
Secretary/Treasurer CIF 2009