Meeting Minutes

Board Meeting Minutes

December 6th, 2020

Attendance: Casey A’Hearn, Isabel Anderson, Josh Coppola, Emersyn Harris, Jason Katzner, Tianyi Ma, Keegan Matthews, Ryan ODell, Jack Yu

 

  • Jack has accidentally implemented MAlloc on a CS project
  • Isabel is drinking grape juice to feel included
  • Transition stuff! Which will probably be made easier because ⅗ of the board members are returning
  • Housing is all set in terms of paperwork
    • Submitted and approved
    • Josh still needs to pick a room for his return
    • Keegan is all set on ResLife’s end
  • Jack and Elana have submitted a ticket to put the ResNet room back onto the CIF network
    • Going through Tony, so it’ll probably work out
  • Elana said she was going to do some lab cleaning stuff but she has been very busy and also has a project due today so we will talk to her later
  • Gift exchange
    • We will send out the form tonight and set up the group chat and such at the end of the week after we let any last minute signups happen
    • Emersyn and Casey are joining
    • Try to get stuff delivered by the end of December
  • Transition stuff
    • Jack has given ownership of the Discord to Emersyn; she has given Ryan and Tianyi the board role
    • Jason needs to email Tony in January about transferring emails
    • Josh will add new people to the IDM (I don’t know what that means but I assume tech people do)
    • Casey and Emersyn will reach out to Juliane and other ResLife people to update them about board positions
    • Transition stuff that is done needs to be documented in the CIF Github
      • Contact page in Google Drive
    • Ryan, Casey, Jack, and Emersyn need to meet
    • Tianyi, Jason, Elana, and Josh need to meet
    • Josh is around to answer questions about the constitution/board roles and tech
    • Jack will be keeping lab keys until the spring since he is staying around for the winter–already been cleared with Juliane
    • Emersyn should talk to Lloyd about getting the chair binder–he should wait to mail it until after the holiday season
    • Isabel and Jason will deal with the minutes backlog
  • We will talk about GitHub in a CIFx talk next semester

November 22nd, 2020

Attendance: Casey A’Hearn, Isabel Anderson, Josh Coppola, Elana Elman, Jason Katzner, Jack Yu

 

  • Housing changes
    • Emersyn’s room change will not be listed as semesterly room changes due to the fact that she has already moved
    • Jack needs to get permission from everyone living in his new suite, plus talk to ResLife, and then he will be able to move–Casey has found the form that he needs to fill out
    • Keegan will be moving into Casey’s old room (341)
    • Paterne has not gotten back about moving, but he is welcome to move if he would like–Jack will talk to him
    • Sarah likely will not be living on CIF, but will hopefully be back on campus
    • Blake will hopefully be moving to Alex and Lyrica’s suite–Casey will reach out
  • Tech update
    • No computers have been thrown, no printers have been punched
    • Elana is not sure if she will be able to permanently fix the printer
      • Printer: 4, board: 0
    • Elana is planning to clean the lab over Thanksgiving break
  • Do we want to do a gift exchange?
    • We have done one in the past, people can mail stuff
    • Share addresses only with organizer + gifter
    • Not entirely anonymous–have people include a note in their gifts
  • Election proceedings
    • 5 minutes each for speech and questions
    • Isabel will record the meeting so we can have speech recordings
    • Quick reminder that if people have RCV questions, please ask them now
    • Casey will count votes because Isabel is running–will get Sufian to verify

November 8th, 2020

Attendance: Isabel Anderson, Josh Coppola, Elana Elman, Emersyn Harris, Jason Katzner, Jack Yu

 

  • E4E updates
    • All forms for room changes must be submitted to housingassignments@reslife.rochester.edu by 12/9/20, changes must be completed by 12/18/20 due to quarantine requirements
    • Anyone moving onto CIF will either need to move on before the end of the semester or at the very beginning of next semester
    • Jack will be meeting with Juliane soon and we will know more at that point
    • A few edge cases of people coming back from LOAs but we can hopefully get that squared away soon
  • Board terms
    • May have to waive some requirements–particularly the calendar year term
    • Some people might be open to running, but it hasn’t occurred to them
  • Floor meeting agenda
    • Upcoming events–what do people want? What would people attend? Plus, call for CIFx talks
    • Ranked choice voting presentation by Isabel
    • Overview of board positions + election proceedings
    • Nominations
  • Sufian (RA) is willing to do a Minecraft night with us
    • Jason will reach out to him and talk to him about it–either in the next couple weeks or next semester
  • Tech update
    • Jason and Elana will do transition-related things at the end of the semester re: members who are leaving or not being on board

November 1st, 2020

Attendance: Casey A’Hearn, Isabel Anderson, Elana Elman, Tommy Hanson, Emersyn Harris, Jack Yu

 

  • Elections
    • Nominations: next floor meeting (11/8)
    • Elections: floor meeting after (11/22)
    • Need to remind people that we cannot hold elections if they don’t show up
    • Hold in Zoom so we can record and distribute speeches if possible
    • Casey and Emersyn will do dedicated emails about it
      • One reminder that it’s happening, one giving a list of nominees, one with videos and where to vote
    • What do we do if we end up with runoffs?
      • We will be doing ranked choice voting! This is constitutional because it is a type of runoff
      • Casey thinks CCC has an RCV system, so we will figure that out–if not, we can use Google Forms
  • Next event: Game night, 11/21
  • Next week: we will see if anyone on floor has ideas or wants a certain type of event
  • CIFx in a couple weeks: Isabel will be doing a talk on why Hanukkah is not that important
  • E4E
    • We need to be clear on requirements for next semester
    • Jack has heard that floor capacity requirements have been waived again
    • Casey and Emersyn will reach out to Brian and get a concrete list of expectations
  • Housing for next semester
    • We will send out a form towards the end of the semester to figure out who is staying, going, and joining
    • Casey is no longer coming back, so either we will have co-chairs or just one chair maybe? Depends on who runs

October 25th, 2020

Attendance: Isabel Anderson, Elana Elman, Emersyn Harris, Jason Katzner, Jack Yu

 

  • Should we do another GIM for SIH weekend?
    • Not right before Minecraft since most promotion is for weekend stuff
    • Maybe not, just keep it to the game night
  • Game night
    • Saturday from 8-late
    • Add something Halloween themed?
    • Spooky games–Trivia Murder Party, One Night Ultimate Werewolf if there’s an online version, coding in PHP, browsing r/techsupportgore, Darkest Dungeon, Don’t starve together
    • Jason will do a horror one-shot–DnD 5e
  • Study break
    • Need a Zoom link
    • Isabel will provide it
  • SIH weekend
    • This weekend!
    • Minecraft night, Thursday 7-9
    • Game night, Saturday 8-late
    • Joint game night, Sunday 6-9
  • Floor meeting agenda
    • SIH weekend
      • Minecraft night
      • Game night–taking suggestions
      • Codenames, Among Us (AIF), Trivia Murder Party (MIF), CAH (GS)
      • Please show up and tell your freshman friends! 0x0.st/ZSw2
      • No CIFx talks this weekend, but if you have future ideas let us know!
  • Advertising to CS majors
    • Elana will contact the person who is in charge of sending stuff to the pre-major list
    • Make sure it sounds sufficiently techy
  • Pronoun bot
    • Has weird bugs
    • Jack was able to identify the problem with at least one of the bugs
  • Gmail event
    • October 30th, 5-6 PM
    • Scheduling, filters, forwarding, templates, adding multiple signatures, cc vs bcc, reply vs reply all, away messages/auto-replies

October 18th, 2020

Attendance: Isabel Anderson, Josh Coppola, Elana Elman, Tommy Hanson, Emersyn Harris, Jack Yu

 

  • Pronoun bot
    • Ready to go, just needs to be put into Discord/set up
    • Jack has the information about that
    • Elana will try to have it up and running early this week!
  • SIH weekend is Halloweekend
    • Minecraft with AIF on Thursday, 7-9 PM on CIF’s server
    • Make a FB event and add other groups to it (Isabel)
    • Game night–Saturday night 8-late
  • Gmail thing
    • Elana has talked with Yiwen
    • Event will be on the 30th, 5-6 PM
    • Publicity/helpful for business students
    • Fulfills tech seminar requirements
    • Elana and Isabel will be there
  • Movie night
    • This coming weekend, Friday
    • Nightmare Before Christmas, Silence of the Lambs, or Over the Garden Wall
    • Isabel will send out a poll
  • Minecraft night
    • Will be on the 24th
    • Can do attendance with server log
    • Jason will do google form check-in for members
  • Closed board meeting

October 11th, 2020

Present: Casey A’Hearn, Isabel Anderson, Elana Elman, Jason Katzner

 

  • Closed board meeting
  • Need to remind people to fill out the poll for pronouns
  • Also, how is the bot coming?
    • Ready to go, sort of (has one small quirk)
    • Also code should be reorganized, but Elana will document it so it can be edited in the future
    • We got a response to the survey with many pronouns to put in, which should get us started
    • Nauticock can edit its own messages
  • Game night!
    • Move to Thursday night (after GIM)
    • Maybe not advertise Jackbox as the main thing, just “online games” (Among Us, CAH, etc.)
  • Minecraft event
    • Move to Sunday, the 25th? Could do it right after DandyHacks so people can chill before doing homework
    • Jason will confirm with Sufian, if he does not like that then we will do it Saturday night (24th)
  • Movie night?
    • Maybe Halloweekend
    • Poll floor for what they want
    • Teleparty or screensharing
  • CIFx next weekend–Jason will be doing intro to DnD
  • Gmail event
    • 5-6 on a Friday in the next couple weeks (23rd or 30th)
    • Run by Elana
  • Floor meeting agenda
    • Pronoun poll
    • Game night/GIM this Thursday
    • Potential Minecraft night
    • Movie night
    • CIFx next weekend
    • DandyHacks is coming up (LaTeX is Sat. at 4)

October 4th, 2020

Attendance: Casey A’Hearn, Isabel Anderson, Elana Elman, Emersyn Harris, Jason Katzner, Jack Yu

 

  • Minecraft night
    • Jason talked to Sufian, and event approval means that Minecraft night would have to be in late October (at least two weeks from now)
    • Don’t want to over-program (also have email workshop and DandyHacks)
    • Could maybe make it spooky themed somehow for Halloween
    • Jason and Sufian will decide a date amongst themselves and we will then announce it
  • Gmail workshop
    • Elana will reach to Yiwen for timing
    • October on a Friday in the 2-4 PM range
  • DandyHacks
    • Isabel’s LaTeX seminar will hopefully be not at night(™)
  • Who will be living on floor next semester?
    • Responses are quite unsure
    • Only Casey and Sarah are 100% on coming back next semester
    • LOAs are kinda up in the air–Josh is interested in coming back, but isn’t sure yet, and others are taking full year LOAs
    • Casey will reach out again mid-November
    • One person might be leaving, but it’s a slim chance
  • Do we want to have another GIM?
    • No non-member attendance, but it was a good hangout/game night for members
    • If we wait a week, we would have time to get CS/DS departments to advertise to students
      • CS department: Elana will email the coordinator for the pre-majors list
      • DS department: Lisa Altman (lisa.altman@rochester.edu)–Casey or Emersyn will send this email
    • Thursday the 15th at 7 again
  • DandyHacks and URSplash
    • Isabel is in contact with DandyHacks person
    • URSplash teacher deadline has been extended to October 12th, potential for a free t-shirt if you register soon–will put an announcement about it
  • What to do if x happens on CIF
    • Need some non-UR resources–added
    • Pin in serious-only
  • Tech update
    • Elana has one more change to make to the bot to avoid weird edge cases
    • Jason and Elana will do some beta testing together
    • Poll floor for if there are any pronouns people want–send in Discord, not to mailing list
    • Reaction roles will ultimately be in introductions–one message, different emojis

September 27th, 2020

Attendance: Casey A’Hearn, Isabel Anderson, Josh Coppola, Elana Elman, Emersyn Harris, Jason Katzner, Jack Yu

 

    • Jack is doing CS hackery
    • For future floor meetings, we will be asking people to type their names in vc-chat for attendance purposes
    • Floor meeting stuff
      • Bring up DnD campaign
      • Bring up GIM
    • E4E housing requirements
      • We need at least 50% full floor, according to ResLife, in order to pass E4E
      • We have this currently (yay!) with exactly 50% of rooms filled, but we are currently the least full SIH
      • We will be getting official documentation soon
  • Might be able to get game suite people into floor housing next semester, Casey is planning to come back
    • Casey will reach out to people and gauge how many people plan to come back next semester–some people are definitely not coming back, so we need to figure out who/how many
  • Minecraft Reslife Event
    • Nobody contacted the RA
    • Jason will reach out and see if they are still interested
  • UR Splash
  • Social media presence
    • Should keep the fb group active for alums who don’t want to be in the Discord–advertise alumni events that way
    • Let floor know it exists, invite them to join
    • Do we want an instagram so UR pages can share our posts to their stories?
      • Could be a lot of work
      • Might be worth making an appointed position
      • Will see if anyone on floor wants to do it
  • Mental health programming ideas
    • Guided meditation
    • Mindfulness journaling
    • Maybe just point members to events that are going on
      • Trawl CCC/social media for events and do an announcement periodically
      • Casey will see what’s happening this week and announce it
  • Tech update
    • Jason updated the Minecraft server! Thanks Jason!
    • Elana is currently reorganizing a bit but will hopefully be able to do the pronoun bot tomorrow!
    • Elana and Josh will talk about lab things this week
  • DandyHacks
    • Emersyn will let them know that Isabel is teaching a LaTeX seminar with Isabel cc’ed on the email
  • Floor meeting
    • MIF/CIF D&D campaign–3-4 people and a DM who want to do a collaboratory D&D session
    • FB group
    • Appointed positions
      • Sysadmin
      • Discord Guru
      • Instagram position?
      • 1-2 lablords
      • Stress that if you want to help, just ask (you might get points)
    • GIM
      • Thursday at 7, on Zoom
      • FB event, which Isabel will send out
      • We need some people to be there to chat and play Jackbox
      • CCC/RA stuff has been taken care of
    • UR Splash
      • Heck yeah
    • CIFx Talks
    • Minecraft

September 20th, 2020

Attendance: Casey A’Hearn, Isabel Anderson, Josh Coppola, Elana Elman, Emersyn Harris, Jason Katzner, Jack Yu

 

  • Sufian (RA) wants to organize a Minecraft night for on-floor people (Anderson 3) and possibly for broader Jackson Court
    • Wants to know if CIF server could be used
    • We are fine with this, but would have to put in some increased security if it gets bigger than Anderson 3 (Jason)
    • Jason will be the main point of contact for this–he will email Sufian and get it set up
  • Casey has gotten in touch with first year housing area coordinators so we can advertise better to first years! Thanks Casey!
  • Nick DeVries from MIF would like to do a DnD campaign with four CIF members and four MIF members
    • Collaborative effort between two DMs (Nick would be one of them)
    • Two campaigns that would come together at the end to battle a common enemy (potentially WCSA as a joke)
    • Should offer it to floor
    • Jason has thought about how to do a sustainable campaign with ResLife groups–large setting where everyone plays in–drop-in playing groups
      • Could talk to Nick about this
    • Bring it up at the next floor meeting
    • Maybe an SIH one-shot night where Jason and Nick write a setting and people DM within that setting
  • Presidents’ meeting time
    • Jack will be attending, can bring up one-shot idea to the other presidents
      • If there’s interest, designate a rep to plan it from each group
        • For CIF, it could be an improvement project/appointed position/participation points
      • Jack has resources to help make Roll20 work better
  • Recruitment options
    • We have freshman RA contacts now (ish)
      • Direct line to the first years
      • Our current advertising methods aren’t the most effective, so maybe they will be able to help by emailing freshmen directly
        • Both for events and letting them know we exist
      • General Interest Meeting could be on a Thursday so we’re at the top of the weekend highlights
        • If we list it as a GIM, it’ll highlight us on the weekend highlights
          • General Interest Meeting: Meet CIF (so it can be a recurring event)
        • GIM on October 1st
          • Start with a spiel about what we’re about
          • Could follow with a game night where we play JackBox or Among Us–see what people want to do
          • Isabel will make an FB event that Casey and Emersyn will put in the weekend highlights and reach out to the freshman RAs
      • Plan more events on weekdays; Yiwen has said that more people go to events on weekdays
  • Tech directors’ jobs
    • Josh and Jason have already talked about some transition stuff
      • What can we work on this semester that is easily doable?
        • Putting documentation on the wiki
        • Maybe the website–Josh may try building a new website if he has time
          • Figure out what the hurdles would be
          • How hard is it to port new information?
          • Might be better to do this over the summer
        • New servers are there if we want them
          • Shouldn’t be turned on until we have a purpose/better heating and cooling
          • If you have a plan for them, go for it basically
        • Figuring out a more functional layout in the lab, as well as an inventory/purge
          • Elana and Emersyn will be doing some reorganizing
          • Speaking of which, the wiring could be improved (but it’s a can of worms)
        • Elana knows how to solder and has access to a soldering iron, which means we could fix the arcade cabinet
          • Or she could find a replacement
          • The rest of the thing is functional 🙂
        • Pronoun role bot!
          • Elana is working on it
          • Then it will need to be uploaded to Urdak (one of our servers)
  • We have all claimed our delegated emails!
    • Elana and Jason should have a chat with Tony
  • Our backup software (Bacula) is not currently configured
    • Main things that need backing up are the website and the Nauticock bot information
  • Also our auto deployment (Ansible) is not yet setup, so that should be done (quick task)
    • Jason will do these things once Jack turns on the server
  • Gmail workshop–Friday afternoon in October
    • Somewhere in the 2-4 range
  • Appointed positions
    • Sysadmin–could be good for some people to get experience
    • Maybe a moderator role on the Discord? (Discord Guru)
    • Lablords (low maintenance, but nice thing to have)
      • Could maybe have it as an ongoing, floating point to grab instead
      • Also could work on how to rearrange the lab
  • Budget
    • All in favor, passed
    • Will be available in the shared drive
  • Closed board meeting

September 13th, 2020

Present: Casey A’Hearn, Isabel Anderson, Josh Coppola, Elana Elman, Liam Hainsworth, Emersyn Harris, Jason Katzner, Bailey Rike, Jack Yu

  • Jason is having hardware issues with his computer
  • SIH presidents’ council will be starting next week!
    • Not sure how much will be done, but good that it’s happening
    • Hopefully will lead to more events
  • Need to upload old minutes to website
    • Will be A Task™
    • Maybe could be done partially by the tech directors–good experience for them
    • Some else has to be logged in when Isabel does minute uploads
  • Budgetary discussions
    • Mostly for the lab/keeping us connected
    • Fixing the AC–might go over budget
      • If it’s a problem with the circuit, then it’s a facilities issue and we don’t need a new AC unit
    • New color printer?
      • Might be fixed by just replacing cartridge
      • Elana will diagnose it–she has all semester due to low print demand
      • Could also bring it to IT
    • Games?
      • Might be irrelevant in terms of need/interest by next semester
      • Also, account management is an issue
        • Could use the CIF board email
      • See how the first game night goes, ask for feedback, see if anybody wants games
      • Table until next meeting, once we see how game night goes
    • Tech–set aside about $250
    • Probably won’t need anything else since we can’t really have shared food
    • Might refund $10 to each senior for last semester’s dues–via Venmo/PayPal
      • Isabel could reach out to them to see if they want their dues back
      • Just seniors: Isabel, Emersyn, Casey, Jason; Everyone: Jack; Absention: Elana
        • Just email seniors
  • Discord bot improvements
    • Jack wanted to make a minimal bot so that others can add stuff
      • Problem is that not a ton of people know how to do their own bots
    • Tech seminar about making bot plugins?
    • Pronoun roles–want them to only show up if you click on someone’s name, since putting them in names is clunky
    • Maybe class year roles
    • Raffi (new member) seems to know a lot about this stuff–should reach out to him
  • Game night advertising
    • Casey and Emersyn will be doing email + weekend highlights
    • Isabel will make a Facebook event
  • Gmail talk–business academic council
    • Schedule a date with Yiwen
      • Jack will do it
    • Can use the tech director email for the walkthrough
  • CIFx talks next week
    • Ask for volunteers–people can also volunteer at any point in the week
  • Closed board discussion
  • Jason will be uploading the sheets and shenanigans recording somewhere™

September 13th, 2020

Present: Casey A’Hearn, Isabel Anderson, Josh Coppola, Elana Elman, Liam Hainsworth, Emersyn Harris, Jason Katzner, Bailey Rike, Jack Yu

 

  • Jason is having hardware issues with his computer
  • SIH presidents’ council will be starting next week!
    • Not sure how much will be done, but good that it’s happening
    • Hopefully will lead to more events
  • Need to upload old minutes to website
    • Will be A Task™
    • Maybe could be done partially by the tech directors–good experience for them
    • Some else has to be logged in when Isabel does minute uploads
  • Budgetary discussions
    • Mostly for the lab/keeping us connected
    • Fixing the AC–might go over budget
      • If it’s a problem with the circuit, then it’s a facilities issue and we don’t need a new AC unit
    • New color printer?
      • Might be fixed by just replacing cartridge
      • Elana will diagnose it–she has all semester due to low print demand
      • Could also bring it to IT
    • Games?
      • Might be irrelevant in terms of need/interest by next semester
      • Also, account management is an issue
        • Could use the CIF board email
      • See how the first game night goes, ask for feedback, see if anybody wants games
      • Table until next meeting, once we see how game night goes
    • Tech–set aside about $250
    • Probably won’t need anything else since we can’t really have shared food
    • Might refund $10 to each senior for last semester’s dues–via Venmo/PayPal
      • Isabel could reach out to them to see if they want their dues back
      • Just seniors: Isabel, Emersyn, Casey, Jason; Everyone: Jack; Absention: Elana
        • Just email seniors
  • Discord bot improvements
    • Jack wanted to make a minimal bot so that others can add stuff
      • Problem is that not a ton of people know how to do their own bots
    • Tech seminar about making bot plugins?
    • Pronoun roles–want them to only show up if you click on someone’s name, since putting them in names is clunky
    • Maybe class year roles
    • Raffi (new member) seems to know a lot about this stuff–should reach out to him
  • Game night advertising
    • Casey and Emersyn will be doing email + weekend highlights
    • Isabel will make a Facebook event
  • Gmail talk–business academic council
    • Schedule a date with Yiwen
      • Jack will do it
    • Can use the tech director email for the walkthrough
  • CIFx talks next week
    • Ask for volunteers–people can also volunteer at any point in the week
  • Closed board discussion
  • Jason will be uploading the sheets and shenanigans recording somewhere™

September 8th, 2020

Attendees: Casey A’Hearn, Isabel Anderson, Josh Coppola, Elana Elman, Emersyn Harris, Jason Katzner, Lloyd Page, Jack Yu

Important topics covered: Participation points, the future of Help@CIF, event scheduling: First game night is September 19th from 8 PM to late PM

 

    • Housekeeping of moving all the CIF-affiliated emails to the appropriate people, informing ResLife/CCC/IT of new board
    • RA needs to verify election results–easier than other years due to CCC
    • Membership interview for Adarsh Kumar–scheduling through timezones
      • Will be between 10 AM and 3 PM EDT
      • When2meet–Saturday at 1 PM if that works for Adarsh
  • Participation points
      • No quota this semester
      • Still will have a sheet with names and such
      • Helpful for new members to get an idea of what level of participation is required in future semesters
      • Also might come into play for breaking housing point ties
    • Minutes will be posted on the CIF website again
      • Isabel will potentially be retroactively posting old minutes
  • Help@CIF
      • Direct people to Discord
      • Limited in-person help–maybe outdoors?
    • Lab
      • We have lab access! Only two people allowed at a time
  • Scheduling events–all events will be labeled with EDT/GMT or UTC – [time difference]
      • DandyHacks–need someone to give a talk/run a workshop
        • Isabel could give a talk on introductory LaTeX
        • October 23rd-25th
      • Business Academic Council
        • How to use gmail for business majors
        • They would like the event in mid-September
        • Not our typical audience, but name recognition is good
        • Will discuss further next week
      • CIF event idea–intro to Google Sheet/codename shenanigans
        • Sheets and Shenanigans
        • Run by Jason
        • Next Saturday 9/12 @ 8 PM
      • Game nights
  • First game night on September 19th, 8 to late as usual
        • In the Discord, different games in each channel
        • Announce what games are available
        • Online versions of board games, computer games, MMORPGs
        • Send out a poll asking members if they have relevant games (Among Us, JackBox, etc.) and if they’re willing to host the games
        • We have server space for games if necessary
      • Future game nights
        • Roughly once a month for regular game nights (October 17th, November 21st)
        • Other weeks could be casual game nights, or collaborations with SIHs, or any other events we can think of
    • Jack has an idea for the game Taboo, but with guessing food and over voice chat
    • Event with GreenSpace about ewaste, potentially, since we have a lot of old servers
      • Sadly, we do not have access to the tent
      • Can be distanced and irl or virtual
        • Maybe a seminar about recycling co-led by CIF and GreenSpace–easy to make virtual
      • Elana will reach out to GreenSpace to find people who are knowledgeable about e-waste
      • Will consult with them further/table the discussion until later since the food trivia event is more fleshed out
    • Tech seminars
      • 171/172 review session for midterms/finals
      • Ideas: Intro to R, intro to Google Sheets, intro to Lisp
      • If you have other ideas, let us know!
      • The email and LaTeX workshops will also count
      • Already had one yesterday about how to do CS in college
    • CIFx talks
      • Do them when there aren’t floor meetings
      • In the calendar, but let board know about topics so we know to announce the events
  • Do we want to switch to CCC?
    • Potentially, for cleaner-looking emails
    • Somewhat low priority for now
    • Casey and Emersyn will look into transferring the mailing list to CCC
  • Jack needs to update the tech wiki

September 6th, 2020

Attendees: Casey A’Hearn, Isabel Anderson, Josh Coppola, Elana Elman, Emersyn Harris, Jason Katzner, Lloyd Page, Jack Yu

Important topics covered: Participation points, the future of Help@CIF, event scheduling: First game night is September 19th from 8 PM to late PM

    • Housekeeping of moving all the CIF-affiliated emails to the appropriate people, informing ResLife/CCC/IT of new board
    • RA needs to verify election results–easier than other years due to CCC
    • Membership interview for Adarsh Kumar–scheduling through timezones
      • Will be between 10 AM and 3 PM EDT
      • When2meet–Saturday at 1 PM if that works for Adarsh
  • Participation points
      • No quota this semester
      • Still will have a sheet with names and such
      • Helpful for new members to get an idea of what level of participation is required in future semesters
      • Also might come into play for breaking housing point ties
    • Minutes will be posted on the CIF website again
      • Isabel will potentially be retroactively posting old minutes
  • Help@CIF
      • Direct people to Discord
      • Limited in-person help–maybe outdoors?
    • Lab
      • We have lab access! Only two people allowed at a time
  • Scheduling events–all events will be labeled with EDT/GMT or UTC – [time difference]
      • DandyHacks–need someone to give a talk/run a workshop
        • Isabel could give a talk on introductory LaTeX
        • October 23rd-25th
      • Business Academic Council
        • How to use gmail for business majors
        • They would like the event in mid-September
        • Not our typical audience, but name recognition is good
        • Will discuss further next week
      • CIF event idea–intro to Google Sheet/codename shenanigans
        • Sheets and Shenanigans
        • Run by Jason
        • Next Saturday 9/12 @ 8 PM
      • Game nights
  • First game night on September 19th, 8 to late as usual
        • In the Discord, different games in each channel
        • Announce what games are available
        • Online versions of board games, computer games, MMORPGs
        • Send out a poll asking members if they have relevant games (Among Us, JackBox, etc.) and if they’re willing to host the games
        • We have server space for games if necessary
        • https://docs.google.com/document/d/10iOD7Wy_YU4NmkPU7ZH7YTrq11qJAANjZZ0PAotKhR8/preview (Games that exist in online emulators)
      • Future game nights
        • Roughly once a month for regular game nights (October 17th, November 21st)
        • Other weeks could be casual game nights, or collaborations with SIHs, or any other events we can think of
    • Jack has an idea for the game Taboo, but with guessing food and over voice chat
    • Event with GreenSpace about ewaste, potentially, since we have a lot of old servers
      • Sadly, we do not have access to the tent
      • Can be distanced and irl or virtual
        • Maybe a seminar about recycling co-led by CIF and GreenSpace–easy to make virtual
      • Elana will reach out to GreenSpace to find people who are knowledgeable about e-waste
      • Will consult with them further/table the discussion until later since the food trivia event is more fleshed out
    • Tech seminars
      • 171/172 review session for midterms/finals
      • Ideas: Intro to R, intro to Google Sheets, intro to Lisp
      • If you have other ideas, let us know!
      • The email and LaTeX workshops will also count
      • Already had one yesterday about how to do CS in college
    • CIFx talks
      • Do them when there aren’t floor meetings
      • In the calendar, but let board know about topics so we know to announce the events
  • Do we want to switch to CCC?
    • Potentially, for cleaner-looking emails
    • Somewhat low priority for now
    • Casey and Emersyn will look into transferring the mailing list to CCC
  • Jack needs to update the tech wiki

July 25th, 2020

Present Board: Liam, Casey, Jack, Josh, Lloyd

Unable to get into contact with anyone – Casey

  • Nothing from Brian
  • One email from Elizabeth, but merely pointed to Brian
  • Furlough issues

Elephant in the room – Position changes

  • Lloyd may be unable to return to campus effectively – possibly LOA
  • Casey has dissolved housing contract – cannot be “Housing Manager” (part of logistics)
  • Jack will be on campus – confirmed
  • Josh – still deciding whether to come back (but logistically can)
    • Liam – concerns over classwork, would like to seek a replacement if possible
      • May be mitigated by lowered (CIF) workload in this semester
    • May be possible to switch roles of Liam and Casey on paper to allow positions to continue as-is
      • Constitution will not be a happy thing this year
      • Probably need to still hold a specific vote
        • Sounds like Reslife is forcing us to
        • Can likely explain situation to floor pretty easily – not too many objections likely
  • Sounds sketchy, but not that bad if effectively explained
  • Casey will send out a form/email checking whether people will be on floor/on campus/in Rochester
    • Also check communication methods available/preferred

Discord

  • Add a terms of service/AUP
    • Add a role bot
  • Expand it to people interested in CIF
  • Add off-topic channels, etc.
    • More voice channels (4 suite channels?)

Waiving Dues/Participation Point requirements?

  • Wait to get a budget out to finalize
  • Waive point requirement but still track

Floor Meeting Minutes

November 22nd, 2020

  • Gift exchange
    • Do we want one? Yes!
    • We will figure out logistics next week and send out instructions
    • Nice way to keep in touch
  • Elections
    • Isabel will record the meeting
    • Edit the video and then it will be sent out
    • Five minutes each for speech and questions
    • Election period will be open for a week
    • Video and election link will be sent out at the same time
  • Election
    • Chair: Emersyn
    • Logistics: Emersyn vs. Ryan
    • Secretary-treasurer: Isabel
    • Tech services: Jason, Ryan
    • Tech maintenance: Jason, Ryan, Tianyi
  • Every tech candidate is willing to fistfight the printer

November 8th, 2020

  • Upcoming events
    • Game night 11/21, 8 to late
    • Call for CIFx talks
      • Isabel–why Hanukkah is not that important
      • Josh–why America has two political parties
      • Jason–intro to Minecraft
      • Keegan–Meiji restoration
  • Ranked choice voting presentation (see email)
  • Election proceedings
    • Nominations tonight, and then remain open for a week (Jason will second any nominations if needed)
    • At elections, each candidate has five minutes to speak and five minutes to answer questions
      • This will be done on zoom
    • We will have a form where you’ll vote for the candidates with ranked choice voting
    • Chair: communicating with other SIHes and ResLife, keeping everyone updated on policies, check emails, run board and floor meetings
    • Logistics: communication with CIF members, housing, event planning
    • Secretary-treasurer: Takes minutes, sends out minutes, makes budget and handles money
    • Tech services/senior tech director: maintaining lab, organizing and running tech seminars, point of contact with IT, tech support
    • Tech maintenance/junior tech director: similar to tech services, does stuff with servers, lab access, computers in lab
  • Nominations
    • Chair: Emersyn, Casey?, Jason?, co-chair: Isabel, Casey
    • Logistics: Emersyn, Ryan co-logistics: Keegan, Tianyi
    • Secretary-treasurer: Josh?, Jason, Isabel
    • Tech services: Ryan ODell, Jason, Josh?
    • Tech maintenance: Ryan ODell, Jason, Tianyi?, Josh?
  • Note that we have plenty of ancient ones around to help

October 25th, 2020

  • SIH weekend!
    • October 29th-November 1st
    • Minecraft night
      • Thursday, 7-9
      • With AIF
      • On the CIF server
    • Game night
      • Saturday 8-late
      • Jason will be doing a horror one-shot–DnD 5e
        • 2-8 people, let Jason know if you’re interested
        • Characters will be provided, but if you want to make your own you should ask Jason about that
      • We’d like to do some spooky games so show up with those if you have them!
    • Joint game night with other SIHs
      • Sunday, 6-9
      • Codenames (CIF), Among Us (AIF), Trivia Murder Party (MIF), CAH (GS)
    • Please show up, meet people, tell your friends!
  • No CIFx talks this weekend
    • If you have ideas for future ones, let us know!
  • Member interview tomorrow at 8 PM EDT

October 11th, 2020

  • Reminder that we do have a poll for pronouns
    • Last call for initial options
    • Please send us any pronouns that you want available
  • Game night this week
    • Thursday, October 15th from 8-late
    • GIM will be 7-7:30 on Zoom, please show up and interact with new members
    • Hopefully a variety of games
  • Minecraft night with Reslife
    • Will be the weekend of the 24th
    • Primarily a reslife event, but show up if you have time!
    • Will be in the weekend highlights email
  • Halloweekend movie night
    • Now taking suggestions
      • The Nightmare Before Christmas (x2)
      • Silence of the Lambs
  • CIFx talk next weekend
    • Jason will be doing one on intro to DnD
    • After board meeting (9 PM)
  • Dandyhacks is coming up!
    • Isabel will be doing a workshop on LaTeX during it (4 PM on the 24th)
    • Also, sign up if you’re interested I guess

September 27th, 2020

  • MIF Member (Nick DeVries) wants to do a collaborative CIF/MIF DnD session
    • Two campaigns in the same world that would eventually merge
    • Jason is interested in playing and DMing
    • Interested in playing: Isabel, maybe Ryan
    • If you’re interested, let Jason know
  • FB group–just for contacting alums, but join now so you don’t forget when you graduate
  • Appointed positions–good way to get points and stay involved–mostly remote
    • Sysadmin–helps tech directors, good intro to how tech/the lab works
    • Discord Guru–moderator, helps with Discord improvements
    • Instagram position?–we might want an instagram
    • Lablords–clean up the lab periodically
      • Ryan
    • If you want to help in any way, just ask board and we can work with you
      • Particularly Nauticock bot improvements
  • CIF GIM
    • Thursday 10/1 at 7 on Zoom
    • Isabel will send a survey for attendance with the minutes
  • UR Splash
    • https://ursplash.learningu.org/
    • Daylong event on November 7 where college students teach high school students about whatever they want
    • Register to teach by October 5th
  • CIFx talks
    • As always, we are looking for people to do CIFx talks
    • Lyrica and Alex–talk on BLM/FTP this weekend
    • Jason will do a CIFx talk on D&D the next available weekend
  • Minecraft
    • We have a Minecraft server! Come play on it with Jason
    • Lots of fun things that can be done on the server, so if you want to do that, let us know
    • If you want any data packs added, let Jason know!

September 13th, 2020

  • Participation point codenames!
    • No quota this semester, but we are still doing a sheet
    • Might come into play in housing, gives you an idea of what level of participation you need
  • CIFx talks
    • Will take place on weeks where there are no floor meetings
    • Can be about whatever you want within reason
    • Let us know if you have something you’d like to give a talk on
    • We will be taking suggestions throughout the week
    • Jason might do one on intro to D&D
    • Lyrica and Alex would like to do one on BLM/Free the People Roc
  • First game night is Saturday, September 19th (talk like a pirate day) from 8 to late
    • Invite your friends
    • Minecraft server is still up and running
    • Ryan has Jackbox games