Meeting Minutes

Board Meeting Minutes

February 20th, 2022

  1. Keegan says UHC can’t do the Strong trip on the 3rd due to funding, can we do the 17th?
    1. Tentatively, thinking of Strong trip on the 17th and then moving UHC Minecraft night to the 24th
  2. Minecraft night recap:
    1. Went ok, decent attendance but mostly not discord
    2. Don’t know who a couple of the people were
    3. Could switch to lab based since people aren’t using discord for these
  3. Tech seminar
    1. Had 6 people inc alex, good engagement
    2. Recorded it 🙂
    3. Can create for zoom link
  4. Craig and Josh fixed the card reader!
    1. Please message Alex when tech things happen
  5. Future tech meetings at 12 with tech seminars, 1 otherwise
  6. Alex suggests stylized CIF QR codes
  7. Aiyana suggests collab AIF/CIF event at Studio X
  8. Josh proposes CIF code of contact for the constitution
    1. We can comment
    2. Craig is working on “What to do if X happens on CIF”; will post in suites
  9. Ronin has the housing packet
    1. Current member stuff due march 1
    2. We don’t have a date for housing decisions to be returned (Ronin will clarify)
    3. We’ll leave the housing meeting on the 20th for now
    4. Josh will help with the spreadsheet
      1. Blocks reduced to 3 people, adjustment to point calculation
  10. CIF wiki:
    1. Is being filled out with tech stuff
    2. Should put all CIF eboard knowledge – everyone fill it out 🙂
  11. Reimbursements: can use venmo with a proxy
  12. Ronin wants to add optional pronoun question on application form
  13. Elana – set up CIF tour with yongyi, collect dues, set up codenames sheet, update website.
  14. Ronin will do presidents’ council (Elana send info)
  15. Elana and Ronin for external responsibilities, Alex and Craig for internal

February 13th, 2022

Present: board


  • Board agrees unanimously that Elana is sus
  • Keegan is concussed, out of action for at least two weeks
    • President council meeting
  • Events:
    • Minecraft night thursday
      • Ronin will send discord notifications
    • Tech Seminars 19th and 26th, Douglass 302/402.
      • Write advertising script (Elana) for alex and ronin
      • Craig will write unix presentation
      • Class advertising:
        • Ronin – csc161
        • Elana – 252, ece200 thurs, 172 thurs
        • Craig – 242, 171 tues
        • Alex – 246 preferably thurs
        • Josh eesc251
  • Alex is designated Window Chucker while keegan’s out of action
  • IT meeting with tony tuesday 1pm
  • CIF tech meeting noon Saturday
    • Craig will message cole about sysadmin-ish interest
  • New application: Yon Gyi Zang
    • Ronin will get in touch, prefer interview 7:30 Sunday
  • Non-CIF floor people: invite to next game night
  • Tomorrow at 2ish Ronin gets the housing request packet!
  • Collect dues starting next floor meeting (deadline 27th)
  • Code names: Elana will message tonight, set up sheet soon
  • Alex wants to fix the arcade machine
  • Board meetings in the core from now on

February 6th, 2022

  • ICFBD went well!
  • Game night was also fun!
    • Was like 2 hrs
    • Would be good to have more games going
      • Temporary vc names
  • Give josh discord permissions
    • 12 cases friday, not great but not an explosion
    • Maybe wait until next week to see more, since there’s not a lot of events
  • Flyers:
    • We have sample flyers but not really templates.
    • Alex will make and put in drive
    • “Cif event flyers” folder in shared items
  • Problem: nobody knows about the website
    • Or wiki or calendar
    • Should get members to add event calendar to their own
  • Ronin does room reservations? Ask at wilco
  • Keegan says Elana should fix the website (no)


Events coming up:

  • Floor meeting
    • Appointed positions; meet after to decide
  • Board meeting next weekend
  • Tech seminars the 19th and 26th
    • Flyers by tuesday (Alex will make, Ronin will distribute)
    • Unix 19th, web security 26th
    • Professors soon (Craig and Elana; Alex can reach out to engineering; Josh to prof Rolando)
    • In person: douglas 403 ideally. Maybe also virtual.
  • Potential uhc cosponsorship: ultra-hardcore minecraft night, with little talk about sandbox game history. March 17th. Keegan checks with UHC.
  • Cifx talks. Ask for speakers in the event email. Add timer (10, 15 mins)


Reconvening after floor meeting for appointed positions:

  • Game master: blake
  • Social czar: emersyn
  • Kitchen goddess: alex
  • Flyers: Ronin
  • Sysadmin: Arthur, Lloyd, Josh
  • Lablord: Josh
  • Discord admin: Josh

January 30th, 2022

Board meeting 1/30

Present: Elana, Alex, Keegan, Ronin, Craig, Emersyn, Josh


  • Recap from the week
    • CIFX Talks
      • We should have a timer running for how long presentations are
      • The two different topics were well received
      • . CAttendance was good
    • Minecraft Night
      • Attendance was very good, we had 14 people
    • CTF
      • Went pretty well, could be very cool with some tweaks
        • In person would help
      • Alex can vet problem sets for beginner players
      • Should definitely do again in the future
  • Transition stuff pretty much done
    • Alex should get lab key from Area Office
    • Elana should get treasury
  • Went over budget, approved
    • Elana will check with Isabel about pre-covid treasury
  • Upcoming events:
    • Ice Cream for Breakfast Day
      • COVID precautions 🙁  people will eat individual ice creams in their suites
    • Tech seminar
      • Flyers: none in drive, Casey should at least have last semester’s
      • Professors: have not reached out, craig will do that tonight
      • In person?
      • Alex and Craig should make presentation
    • Also, game night in person? Poll floor. Could do virtual and distribute pizza.
  • Appointed positions: social csar, lab lord, games, sysadmin, kitchen goddess, flyboy. New discord admin.
    • Nominations:
      • Nominations:
      • Lyrica: games, kitchen
      • Blake: games
      • Emersyn: social csar
      • Josh: sysadmin, discord admin, willing to do lablord
      • Lloyd: sysadmin
      • Ronin on flyers
      • Should ask cole about sysadmin
    • Appointments:
      • Josh as Discord admin
    • Do another call at next floor meeting
  • We can give board members participation points for taking on appointed position roles outside their typical duties
  • Board meeting room: not keegan’s suite? Check about 320s
  • Interview coming up: Nat, she/her. Ask online or in person.
    • Consider renaming interviews, it’s intimidating
  • Postponing rest of agenda to next meeting since it’s been too long

January 23rd, 2022

Board meeting 1/23

Present: Elana, Alex, Keegan, Ronin, Craig, Emersyn, Josh, Lloyd


  • Game night went well
    • Discord notifications the day before and an hour before. Tech directors can automate?
  • Craig & Alex will try to get a bot working ASAP (or Josh can just remove friends role?)
  • Flyers for tech seminar: qr code and link to zoom
    • Elana
    • Ready by friday night, craig will send zoom link
  • Housing meeting
    • Need to find the date housing assignments are due, maybe April 8. Reach out to Julianne or Danica (Ronin) and check.
    • Should be 2 weeks in advance, maybe March 20
    • Ronin needs to figure out who’s staying on floor
      • Ping right before floor meeting
      • CIF tabling: twice (once during sih week)
      • Flyer before housing meeting to catch 1st years
  • Floor meeting:
    • UHC event (we only need to provide members)
    • Should discuss appointed positions since we’re back in person soon
      • Possibly multiple sysadmins?
    • Move tech seminar to later (Josh, Elana, and Ronin have upgraded accounts)
      • We don’t know when in person events will be allowed
    • Move CTF to Friday, one day earlier
  • Tech updates
    • Should set up backup server when in person
      • Or Lloyd could load it with ubuntu, rest would be remote
    • Figure out IPA
    • Card reader 🙁
      • Josh thinks it’sworking and we need to hook it up to a computer
      • Try to recover old hard drive? Lloyd could do that by breaking into Josh’s room
    • Need minecraft server updated by thursday
  • Have budget prepared for next meeting

January 16th, 2022

First meeting of 2022 board!

Present: Keegan, Ronin, Craig, Josh, Lloyd, Elana, Alex


  • Should add new constitution to drive
  • All present have pretty much done transition stuff
  • Should put board meetings in events channel
  • Board meetings 4-5 Sundays
  • Floor meetings 9-9:30 on Sundays?
    • Do a discord reaction poll 2 minutes before the floor meeting
  • Events:
    • Nothing in-person until at least February
    • Online events in the meantime:
      • Activities fair on the 21st (2-3:30, 5-6:30)
      • Jackbox: 22nd at 8pm (game nights every month)
      • Minecraft night: 27th at 8 (once a month?)
      • CTF: 29th at 8pm ← if this goes well, can bring back
      • 23rd and 30th board meetings, also floor meeting 23rd
      • Cifx: 6th before floor meeting
      • Tech seminar 29th 2-3, advertise in classes
    • After january:
      • Game night on the 5th
      • … ronin put more events on the calendar.
        • Cifx after floor meetings, every 2 weeks
        • minecraft in the middle of the month
        • Game nights at start of month
    • Cifnic first week of April, formal game night also (replacing usual game night)
  • Housing for next semester
    • When are housing packets due? (usually early april)
    • Usually do housing meeting the weekend before they’re due
  • Senior giving: last 2-3 weeks of the semester, hand out at last floor meeting. Hesitantly scheduled for 4/10
  • What do we want to do this semester?
    • Recruit members
  • CifJam Feb. 26 (need more planning)
  • UHC event to Museum of Play, 3/3
  • 2/5 is Ice Cream for Breakfast Day, which will be a mandatory event (im joking… maybe)
  • Will need to work out E4E next meeting


  • Participation points
    • This semester’s quota will be 15
  • Dues
    • $25 this semester
  • Talk about appointed positions next board meeting, or when we get back to campus (Lloyd is honorary sysadmin)
  • Update CCC page (Lloyd says this is finicky)
  • This week:
    • Keegan asks SA about activities fair
    • Craig does transition things and asks professors to advertise unix seminar; update minecraft
    • Elana emails/websites notes, go through all treasury info
    • Alex: do transition meeting with craig
    • Ronin will send out activities email

Floor Meeting Minutes

No floor minutes have been posted for the spring semester of 2022.