Meeting Minutes

Board Meeting Minutes

April 23rd, 2023

Attendance: Jack, Craig, Ronin, Sarah, Samson, Vik, Fenway, 

Tech Seminar

  • One person showed up.
  • We didn’t put up posters or do promo. 

Lab Improvement:

  • Documented the computers.
  • Found old CIF merch.

Gym Night:

  • Went well.
  • Good Turn out

AIF x CIF Lab Movie Night:

  • Epic.


April 16th, 2023

Attendance: Jack, Craig, Ronin, Nate, Samson, Krish, Fenway, Raghav

Lab Improvement:

  • Progress on the reverse proxy. Not yet finished.
  • Wiki needs to be updated.
  • Homebrewed the Wii.

Lab Game Night:

  • Went well.
  • Lots of participants, slowly died down.
  • Will continue to do it next year.

Gym Night:

  • Successful.
  • Still need to create an actual plan.


  • Gave the presentation. Went over all the slides. Seemed to make a good impression.
  • Showed effort in the presentation and perceived to have done the most recruitment work.
  • Seemed receptive to our challenges.

Transition Report:

  • Still very unclear as to what needs to be done. Do we answer collectively?
  • Reformat it?

Nauticock Nominations:

  • Keegan Matthews
  • Kestor Brown
  • Sarah O’Connor

Housing Situation:

  • All housing applications have been submitted.
  • Mission mostly failed. We tried.

Senior gifts have been ordered, should arrive by weekend.

April 9th, 2023

Attendance: Jack, Craig, Ronin, Keegan, Sarah, Krish, Fenway, Samson

Lab Improvement:

  • Progress on the reverse proxy. Not yet finished.
  • Sent an email to all eating offenders.

Gym Night:

  • Low Attendance.
  • Standardize the workout and do better promo.


  • Instructions unclear. Restructure the transition report.

Overwatch Night:

  • Got a 5 stack for ~1.5 hours.

Tech Seminar:

  • Did not get posters up.
  • Only CIF members as a result.

Lab Photos:

  • Get a Rettner camera during either LI or LGN.

Nauticock Nominations:

  • Keegan Matthews
  • Kestor Brown

Senior gifts must ordered  in by the end of this week.


April 2nd, 2023

Attendance: Jack, Craig, Ronin, Keegan, Samson, Nate, Fenway, Sarah, Kestor, Rory.

Lab Improvement:

  • Started setting up reverse proxy.
  • Replaced a faulty PC.


  • Draft is perfect as is.
  • Will update with info about FGN and CIFNic.
  • Team of four presenters:
    • Presidents, Logistics director, Senior Tech Director.

Gym Night:

  • Improvement from last week.
  • Could be further improved with some sort of routine, no consensus.
  • Should be added to the calendar.


  • Fix a contradiction in the housing points.
  • Participation points for appointed positions should be more explicit.
  • Codify Board member voting power delegation.

Tech Seminars:

  • Tech Seminar April 8th.
  • Need Flyer.

Lab Game Night:

  • Friday, 7PM.

Formal Game Night & CIFNic:

  • Various members who RSVP’d did not come.
  • Even so it was still a success.
  • Food was good.
  • Budget-wise it was as expected.
  • CIFNic should be moved back to ~12:00/12:30
  • Enforce safety standards in future events?


  • Mention it in Floor Meeting.

Lab Photos:

  • Get a Rettner camera during either LI or LGN.


  • Lock changed.

Event Planning:

  • AIF X CIF event
    • Interested, will discuss in their E-Board meeting later.
    • Viable dates: 4/8 Night.

Nauticock Nominations Tonight.

S’mores night, 23rd


March 26th, 2023

Attendance: Jack, Craig, Ronin, Keegan, Samson, Nate, Fenway, Tristan, Winter, Vik, Krish

Lab Improvement:

  • Stripped one of the desk top computers for replacement as it was consuming RAM.
  • Graphics Computer Device work. Discovered that a battery needed replacement.
  • Attempted to get the Alienware to start with SSDs, did not, took out the battery. Likely will buy a replacement soon.
    • Next steps
    • Setup a reverse proxy for the CIF website, allows for websites to exist separate from the university avoiding having to go through IT.

Gym Night:

  • Unsuccessful.
  • Time was changed to 7:30PM from 9PM


  • Cover sheet due in 2 weeks.
  • Covers housing meeting info.
  • Upcoming Game nights.


  • 3, all successful.
  • All interviewees were looking for housing frankly far too late.


  • Will be made public.

Cage Key:

  • Returned.

Formal Game Night & CIFNic:

  • Hard Deadline for RSVP Form: Tuesday Night.

Housing Meeting:

  • Failed to get the suite.
  • Required action find seniors willing to get through to lottery to acquire the suite.
  • Still attempt to convince RL to give the suite.
  • Plan:
    • Investigate Kestor’s viability in the Suite Heist.
    • Should Kestor not be a viable option:
      • Put Craig in the 334 Lottery with the condition that the person who takes his the 344 room will switch out with him regardless or not if the suite is captured.
      • Wednesday Night Deal with people who have not guaranteed housing.
    • Turns out Kestor is viable.

Nauticock Attendance Additions:

  • Pull request has been made.

March 19th, 2023

Attendance: Keegan, Samson, Kestor, Craig, Ronin, Sarah, Jack, Fenway


  • Lab Improvement – Late but done. Worked on the terminal.
    • Craig worked on getting the Minecraft server hosted on Pterodactyl
  • Gym Night – Went well, unexpectedly high turn out.
  • Simcon Minecraft Event – We did everything required. URSGA.

Board Game Night:

  • All Nintendo switch gaming.
    • Attendance likely stifled by Simcon.

E3 Draft:

  • Non member attendance would be helpful.
  • Email Ella about various information about the floor. Separate from other housing submissions, informal.


  • Studying abroad:
    • Talk to Reslife.
    • Precedent: Member gets room after returning from study.
  • Requested double was not given.
    • Reason not given.
    • Approach Reslife about the situation.
    • Ask RA
  • Angie leaving
  • Spots to fill 18
    • 21 Currently interested.


  • Three in Queue
    • Mostly due to slow response times.
  • One today.

Formal Game Night:

  • Food not decided yet, cost not calculated.
    • Likely sticking with sticky lips.
  • Forms sent to alumni.

Tech Seminar:

  • Automation in Python:
    • Not yet planned.
    • Location not determined.
    • Hosted either by Fenway or Craig.
    • Decided to push back 2 weeks via Board vote
      • April 8th around 2-3PM
      • Allows preparation and further advertising.


  • Poster War for the tech sem.
  • Might be a good idea to create some sort of CIF poster competition.

Floor Meeting Plans:

  • Mention formal game night and CIFnic.
  • No longer dealing with the Tech Seminar.

Housing Meeting Plans:

  • Explain housing blocks.
  • Do housing allocation.

Nauticock Attendance Additions:

  • Needs to be pushed.
  • Added various commands, see read me when updated.

Discord Photos Channel:

  • Cifotos will be enacted.

Board Meeting Times changed to 8-9PM

March 1st, 2023

Interview Attendance: Jack Andersen, Keegan Matthews, Ronin Ross, Craig McIlwrath, Rory Brennan-Jones, Kestor Brown, Winter Nakhea, Fenway Powers, Tristan Gamard, Samson Tsegai, Nate Angafor 

  • Interview Minutes
    • Name: Winter Nakhwa
    • How They Heard of Us: Primarily Tabling (pointed to tabling by Tristan)
    • Interest Level of Membership:  Full Membership
    • Vote: Unanimous Yes

February 27th, 2023

Interview Attendance: Keegan Matthews, Rory  Brennan-Jones, Fenway Powers, Jack Andersen, Craig McIlwrath, Ronin Ross, Joshua Schiavi, Sarah O’Connor

  • Interview Minutes
    • Name: Joshua Schiavi
    • How They Heard of Us: Researching Universities, looked up Special Interests Floors in the school.
    • Interest Level of Membership: Full Membership
    • Vote: Unanimous Yes

Floor Meeting Minutes

No floor minutes have been posted for the spring semester of 2023.